Friday, July 5, 2013

Cleaning out my classroom and hopefully getting ready and prepared for a new classroom



  Well on May 24th the the last day of school for the students but five more days for the teachers.  It is a very sad day for me this year though, two of the most amazing teachers and I am proud to call my good friends are leaving the school system of Moss Point.  Amber is going to St Martin High and Tara is going to Texas to start a new life for herself.  I am very selfish and do not want them to leave.  I have to admit that I cried so hard on the last day for the teachers.  It will not be same in the science department next year.  
     I recently found out that I will be teaching biology 1 and honors biology next year.  I am thrilled, excited, but nervous at the same time.  I have some HUGE shoes to fill after Tara and Amber.  But  the principal told me that he trust me to teach this now that I am a 3rd year teacher. Remember I have only taught Pre-Biology the past two years. HUGE responsibility on my hands now!!!!! Tara and Amber said that it is my time and I can not hide in the background anymore.  It is my turn to shine, so we will see.  I am hoping and praying that my two weeks in Costa Rica will help me become more prepared to teach Biology.  I will be seeing things that you can only read in the biology book and nothing will replace this opportunity.  Evolution and ecology are huge in biology now.  
     Because I can not take the school issued laptop and an tablet will not work down there, Scott got me a new laptop, the cutest little laptop which I LOVE and it has Windows 8.  If nothing else this trip gives me a good excuse for buying a new computer and next on my list is a new camera.  We will be working on our presentations while we are at the teaching facility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment