Saturday, July 6, 2013

Plane tickets are here!!!!!

     Well on May 30th I get a phone call from Lynn Zimmerman that our travel itinerary has been sent to us through our e-mail.  I quickly looked at my e-mail and I was so thrilled.  Now that our plane tickets have been purchased we are one step closer to going to Costa Rica.  This is our itinerary, we will be leaving Gulfport at 11:50 am and arrive to Atlanta Georgia at 2:15 pm this includes the time change.  Atlanta is an hour ahead of us.  You know all roads to other destinations go through Atlanta Georgia. There is about a four hour layover in Atlanta which is a great thing.  For anyone who has not traveled through the Atlanta airport, any layover less than two hours may result in a missed connecting flight.  If you plane does not leave in time or unable to land exactly on time in Atlanta then mostly likely you may miss your flight.  It has to be one of the busiest airport in the country.  I read on the internet that there is a newly built section or building at the airport for international flights.  It is concord E and F.  You no longer have to check out your bag and recheck in your bag for the international flight.  This will certainly make it easier for us travelers!!!!!  We will board our plane at 5:35 pm to San Jose Costa Rica.  We will arrive at San Jose at 7:30 pm.  I just now realized that it is a four hour flight with the time change which is an hour behind us and two hours behind Atlanta.  I had been thinking it was only a three hour flight.  Luckily, they will be serving brunch on the plane and there is a wine selection on the plane if needed. I have never been on a flight longer than a couple of hours at the most. 
       We are staying at "The Adventure Inn".  It looks like it is a nice hotel with a pool and a hot tub, which I plan on using it that night.  The restaurant in the hotel that looks nice with a nice selection of food and cocktails. I have looked up the menu on line. We will be meeting the other three teams selected to go on this trip. Could not be more excited.  We have to be up and leaving the hotel by 7am.  It takes three hours to get to La Selva in the rain forest.  I will certainly going to need by beauty sleep.  Since I am getting older, I will definitely need all the beauty sleep I can get at this point.  
     So since it will be a long flight to San Jose, I will definitely have to plan for the best and the worst in case that happens. I have bought the cutest beach type bag for the flight.  I will be carrying my new laptop, MP3 player, snacks, and anything else for the flight with me when I board the plane.  I will most likely use the four hours to work on my power points for my biology class.  I got to keep myself busy during the flight.  Also I will need to wear comfortable shoes and dress nice for the flight since I will be representing Moss Point school district.  I got a new pair of white jeans or maybe I will wear my regular skinny jeans and dress it up with a nice shirt. Whatever I wear it will certainly be comfortable though.  
This is the new concord E and F for the international flights in Atlanta.  Looks very cool.


The pool and hot tub at the hotel "Adventure Inn" in San Jose.

One of the rooms in the hotels.  I am not sure which room we are going to stay for the night.  I hope it is this nice and clean.

This is the restaurant Moon Glow in the hotel.  I can not wait to try the food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment