Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Final days before take off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The wonderful group of teachers going to Costa Rica with me. Thank you Lynn Zimmerman for inviting me on this wonderful experience. 
     I have enjoyed my two weeks vacation with my dad in North Carolina and my family in New Albany, which I always love visiting my hometown.  I just got back to Ocean Springs on Tuesday.  I only have a few days to get everything ready for my trip.  Fortunately I already have most of the things I need for the trip.  
     I met with Lynn and the group on Wednesday at St Martin High for preparation for our presentation.  I had just went to the dentist and I felt very weird from the numbing medications.  I usually do not have any problems with Novocaine or Lidocaine (not completely sure which one they use), but that day it made my heart race and more rapid breathing.  Of course I never told the dentist what was going on.  I was ready to leave to meet the group.  Somehow, with the help of my hubby Scott, I managed to get everything done.  Dont know what I would do without him. It was like I was in another zone or felt even spaced out (more so than usual lol)!!!!!!! 
     Well Thursday I had to see my wonderful doctor for my routine monthly meds, while I was there she wrote me additional meds that I will need for my trip.  She gave me medications for nausea, possible parasite infections from the water and Ativan to help me sleep if I need it. Of course I am going to be so tired from going through the tropical rain forest to need the medication.  The excitement is becoming huge now that this trip is actually happening in a few days. 
     Well Saturday my husband Scott made it his personal mission to tease me about me not coming back from the trip.  So................. he decided to give me a LAST SUPPER with our friends Rachael and Frere.  It was a great meal and found a new drink, which I have not named yet.  It is a mixture of lemonade and whipped cream flavored vodka.  Very good drink in fact a little too good.  My other family members called to wish me good luck and wanted to make sure my life insurance policies were up to date and signed.  It kinda felt like I was going off to battle or something!
Part of the presentation we will be doing in Costa Rica.  I am researching  4 endangered species of animals in Costa Rica.  This poster though is the one Robin is doing, endangered species of plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment