Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The big day finally arrived. July 21, 2013.

The 4 of us at Gulfport airport about to board our plane to Atlanta.
Well after all the preparation and getting ALL of the supplies together, and the many weeks we were anxiously waiting for this day to arrive, it is finally here.  It just does not seen real.  I have a bruise on my arm were I have pinched myself to make sure it is real.
     The beginning of my morning did not start very well.  First of all, I had a HUGE hangover headache from the cocktails I have not named yet from the night before.  It is the lemonade and whip cream vodka.  It was a GREAT last supper though. Next, the power went out around 730am for about 45 minutes.  I was SO scared it would be off for hours and I am unable to get ready.  I wanted to look great for the airport as if it was going to actually judge my outfit and hair.  Luckily, the power came back on and I was able to look beautiful for the airport and flight.  
     Once we landed in Atlanta, which was a short and smooth flight. The airport is just as busy as the city of Atlanta.  I read it is the busiest airport in the US.  I believe it too.  We went to concord E which is the international flights.  I did not realize how many different cultures and areas the different passengers were from outside the United States.  Fascinating to say the least.  We had a 3 hour layover so we decided to sit down and have a great meal at TGIF.  The best idea ever!!!!!! Had a glass of moscato and a great meal.  Service was also great.  Afterwards we went to our gate and there is a soccer team returning to Costa Rica.  It makes me wonder where they went to play soccer in the US and I thought why so far away.  We boarded the plane but we waited about 90 minutes to take off due to bad weather.  It was not too bad though.  Once we took off, we were introduced to a male flight attendant who was precious and very friendly.  His responsibility was to translate the English speaking rules and service to Spanish.  There were both English and Spanish speaking passengers on the flight.  Because of the 4 hours flight,we watched a dumb movie but also watch Glee afterwards.  I now know why I never thought about watching Glee.  The trip went off without any incidence.  We landed at San Jose, went through customs and checked our suitcase at the airport.  There was a guy working behind an area just laughing at us trying to put our 50lb suitcase through the scanner.  As Lynn said, we look like a bunch of clowns here now.  I laughed so hard.  Once we arrive at the hotel, we settled in for the night and I slept hard with the help of Ativan.  I was in the same spot when I woke up the next morning to go to LaSelva Biological Station.  No movement at all.  It is very unusual for me. 
The very sweet guy who met and greeted us at the hotel.  He carried our luggage to our rooms and you can see my pink striped bag on the bed.  I carried that on the plane instead of a backpack.
  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment